Exhibit A: This is taken from the top of the stairs. This lovely blue (apparently the previous owners were waaaay into blue - you should SEE the master bathroom) indoor / outdoor carpet complete with stains and an odor I cannot even begin to describe was throughout the space.
Speaking of the vision - we are big Georgia Tech fans and had a great, professionally finished, day light, walk out basement in our last home. Oh, how I miss you so....
I always start with the fabrics when decorating a room. After a quick search, I fell in love with this on sale for only $7.95 a yard! (I couldn't believe it when I read one of the owners of Kandrac & Kole had her eye on the very same fabric.)
- Make the space look nice, but remain kid, husband and budget friendly. So, when the floors get dented or the walls get scratched I am neither fainting nor screaming.
- A cozy tv area that will comfortably seat four and still allow room for the boys to play the wii.
- A bar area with a sink and dishwasher. We didn't have the dishwasher in our old basement and I hated carting everything up and down the stairs to wash after a party.
- A buffet area for entertaining.
- Plenty of storage for toys and games.
- Space for the pool table.
- Area for dining, crafting, school work, game playing, etc.
- Banquette for seating (and just because I really, really, really want a banquette and have nowhere else to put one.)
Now, I had intended to get to the good part - the pictures - but that will have to wait for another day seeing as I failed to take the pictures. Instead, after a week of being snowed in, I used Cookie's precious nap time to shower, dress and venture out into the real world for two much needed necessities - pull ups and liquor. And that activity wore me flat out (or was it the cocktail?!?).