When I said I'd be back Sunday with the deets on our April Fool's Day menu, I wasn't anticipating the gorgeous Southern skys and warm temps. Save these away for next year - our April Fool's Day Un-Birthday Party was a smashing success with the littles!
1 lb ground sirloin
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
3 T. ketchup
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 cups prepared mashed potatoes (I used Hungry Jack)
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 muffin tin cups with foil bake cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the meat loaf ingredients until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly among the lined cups (the liners should be about three quarters full).
3. Place the filled muffin tins on cookie sheets and bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Add a couple of drops of food coloring to potatoes and mix well.. Spread a generous dollop on each cupcake. Should make 12 cupcakes - mine made 11.
Rice Krispie Meatloaf
6 cups cocoa flavored rice krispies
2 rolls of red fruit roll up (and green too, if you can find it)
1/2 stick butter
1 1/2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
10-oz. package marshmallows
1. Coat a bread/meatloaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In food processor, briefly pulse the rice krispies. Tear or cut (I used kitchen shears) the fruit roll ups into small pieces.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, add butter and marshmallows. Cook until melted (2 minutes). Stir well to combine and add cocoa powder. Stir again.
3. Add rice krispies and fruit roll ups. Stir quickly. It will be very sticky. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Let the loaf cool, then remove from pan and slice with a serrated knife.
Ice Cream Potatoes
Vanilla ice cream
1. Scoop ice cream onto plates to look like mashed potatoes.
2. Drizzle with caramel sauce "gravy".