Two sweet bloggers recently awarded me with blogger awards…
To accept the awards, there are a few simple steps to follow… (and I’m probably cheating by combining all of these into one but I figure you really don’t want to know twenty-one random facts about me if I were to do this three times)
1. Thank the person who nominated and link their blog on your page.
Many thanks to Karie over at ipinterest for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award. Hop on over and check out her blog chocked full of inspiring ideas and two darling little girls!
And another great big THANK YOU goes out to Lisha at One House One Couple for nominating little old me for both the One Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
2. List 7 facts about yourself.
- I am a girly girl. I love monograms, perfume, Lilly Pulitzer, pink, diamonds, parties, tiaras, sparkles, ruffles, bows, dresses and lipstick.
- I am a girls girl (not to be confused with above). I love my girlfriends and am SO glad that I have a sister. I enjoy gossiping, shopping, going to movies, drinking wine, traveling, going to musicals and eating out with the girls. I never had a boy friend that wasn’t a boyfriend until bestie R came into my life. Though, he’s kinda more like a girl friend than a boy friend anyway. Confusing, huh?
- One of my favorite things to do is to have a cup of Paris tea with my mom and sister. We all sit around the table and drink and chat. We talk about decorating, babies, clothes and everything in between. We often drink the whole pot and we use loads of sugar.
- I enjoy hard, confusing math. Calculus was my favorite subject. And I love dorky things like preparing taxes and paying bills.
- I always knew that my parents loved me but I never understood the extent of that love until I had littles of my own.
- Having boys is more fun and fits me better than I ever thought it would…fishing, shrimping, crabbing, throwing the football, inspecting fire trucks, looking for treasures on the beach and just being a bit wild and totally carefree. Doing things I was way too “girly” to do while growing up.
- Honey is the best husband and father in the world. I envy his patience and kindness and marvel at how fortunate I am to have him. And I thank my lucky stars that he sweetly and silently lets me embezzle money from our household for home decor, Lilly dresses and smocked john johns.
3. Nominate 15 other blogs that you appreciate, love and follow.
Versatile Blogger Award (I chose these because they are seriously talented gals/guys – covering everything from cooking to decorating to partying to raising up littles on their sites.)
Very Inspiring Blogger Award (I chose these because I find inspiration each and every day on these blogs.)
- French Country Cottage
- Savvy Southern Style
- Number Four Eleven
- Holly Mathis
- My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
One Lovely Blog Award (I chose these blogs because they are lovely sites authored by lovely ladies.)
Y’all sure know how to make a girl blush!!