I mentioned when I shared our Halloween decor that I made another DIY canvas for the porch. Here’s how:
1. Download my Nevermore image by saving the one below or emailing me for the full resolution file sized at 18”x24”. The background is Edgar Allen Poe’s Nevermore poem.
2. I had mine printed in black and white on paper at Office Depot for $7. They said it would cost $12 and then charged me $7 so I’m not sure what the discount was for. And I certainly didn’t ask. (But I did make up for the difference in delish Reeses’ pumpkins that the baby and I promptly devoured before we even left the store.)
3. Use painters tape to tape off the edges of your canvas if desired. I then gave it a couple of quick coats of black spray paint to make a striped edge on the gallery wrap canvas. I purchased the canvas at Michael’s for $9 with a 40% off coupon.
4. Following the directions on the modge podge container, adhere the paper to your canvas. Mine seemed really wrinkly and full of air bubbles so I stretched and pressed and did everything I could to minimize them without tearing the paper. Be careful! I finally gave up and thought I’d just go with the wrinkled look. Well, as it turns out when it dried they were really not too noticeable and it ended up looking great!
5. Enjoy your $16 piece of art!
And now that I’ve got a 4th of July and a Halloween canvas I’m out of the canvas biz on the porch. Nevermore, y’all. Nevermore.
Flattered for the feature at Eighteen25!