2.17.2013

The Valentine’s Dance

The PCP was a complete doll to be my date the club’s annual Young at Heart Valentine's Dance. 
February 2013 192
When I came down the stairs, he presented me with a sweet pink corsage, thoughtfully chosen with a little help from his Daddy. 
February 2013 172
photo 1 (32)

We dined, danced and talked.  He opened the doors and used the very best manners, and I couldn’t have been prouder to have him on my arm.  He taught me Gangem Style and I taught him the Macarena.  I conned him into a few slow dances and he got me to play Simon Says.  You know, we were pretty much a match made in heaven :-)

photo 3 (23)

photo 4 (15)

photo 4 (17)

photo 5 (8)

And, at the end of the night, I got a very proper kiss on my cheek as we were recounting the night’s events to Honey.

February 2013 196

When I thanked John for one of the best dates of my life, he replied “You’re welcome, Mommy.  But it wasn’t a REAL date.  It was more like a scrimmage date.”

I totally get what he means in his seven year old way of saying it.  And perhaps it was a “practice” date for him, but I assure you it was very real for me.  In fact, I look forward to many, many more “scrimmages” before sending him off for “real”  :-)
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. what a precious post. Made my heart smile as I know it did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet night you had! Even a corsage! Just watch out, when the PCP get s older he will have the girls flocking to him, with his gallant manners. I just love that last pic..............you look like you are in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a special time and such sweet precious memories. Beautiful pictures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sharp did PCP look!?! Good looks and manners. You must be so proud!

    And I love your lace and fur combo. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love one on one time with my kids. :) Love your dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! Looking forward to events like these when my boys get older.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely adorable. glad that y'all had such a sweet time. just love that last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet! Made me teary eyed. I wish we had a dance like that in my area to do with my little guy. My husband and daughter have a father/daughter gala, but nothing for moms and sons. LOVED your dress as well! Lovely "couple"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a Mommy to a 8 year old boy this just melted my heart, That last pic of him kissing you really did make me tear up! I hope you frame that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I could just eat him up!! Such a little gentleman, too :) Hope you are well!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, this is so sweet! I am sure you both will treasure this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got all gooey in my tummy. :-) You looked adorable in your mink! John was quite the gentleman. Such a sweet post.
    Very Downton Abbey ish...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So precious!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and wonderful memories! Hold him tight, they grow so fast!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a special night for the two of you! I would love to bring my boys to something like that! Love the pictures!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this and I can't wait to do something similar with my little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is sooooooo cute!!!! :) so so so sweet!! you and your little boy are just adorable! (and best dressed i might say!) :) love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips